How to Insert Affiliate Link (with Image) into WP Sidebar
- 30/04/2010 1:59 PM
1) Login to your WP dashboard and select Media > Add New
2) Click on "Select Files". Choose the picture you wish to upload.
Once upload is successful, you should be able to see a link generated under "File URL" as shown below.
Remember to copy the full URL address. Press "Save All Changes".
3) Return to your WP dashboard and select “Appearance” > “Widgets”
2) Click and drag the “Text” widget to the right hand sidebar.
3) On the sidebar, click on the drop down box .
4) Insert the HTML code that contains your affiliate link together with the image URL that was copied earlier.
<a href="http://youraffiliatelinkhere "><img src="http://yourmediafileimageaddress "/></a>
Note: Replace youraffiliatelinkhere with your own unique serverfreak affiliate link ID.
Replace yourmediafileimageaddress with your own image URL that was generated earlier.
Press the "Save" button and then follow by the "Close" button once you’re done.
5) Visit your blog now to see the new changes on your sidebar.